Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Kitty Crazy

I have battled all week long with the dreaded migraine! It actually started on Sunday afternoon, but I was able to refuse it's existence until late Monday afternoon. So, updating the blog was not an option. I was totally down for the count yesterday, but I'm finally feeling better; not great but better. I have so much to tell you all about. I just hope that everyone will hang around for the long haul.

Friday afternoon, Casey and I headed to Kim's house to pick up the three new additions. They are absolutely adorable, and they act as cute as they look!! For now, as you all could probably guess, we are going to keep all three. It only took a couple of hours to get attached. The shelter is really full right now, so we are kind of in a quasi fostering situation. Usually, most of our fosters end up as permanent residents. We did make quite a few pictures that I'll post here soon. The rest of the "Zoo" seems to be taking the new additions in stride. Fergie, the last addition to the household isn't quite sure what to make of the little furballs, but she is starting to settle. Right now, we don't leave them alone together. Another friend of mine, Zinia just adopted a new kitten on Monday. Since we are both trying to keep kittens entertained, she sent me a great link with instructions for a cat condo. It's made out of brown paper sacks!! It's a really cool design, so if you're interested, click HERE.

On Saturday, Casey and I made our way up to Clarksville. Casey's cousin, Andrew, just came back from his deployment in Iraq. We were lucky enough to be able to spend some time with him on Saturday. He looks like he's doing really well, and we're all glad that he's back home safe. He took us to a really neat restaurant in Clarksville for dinner. The menu is crazy!! They have a little bit of everything to eat. We enjoyed dinner and catching up. Afterwards, we went back to base with him for a bit. We got to meet some of his friends that he spent time with in Iraq. We made some pictures there as well. I'll have a big picture update tomorrow!

After we left Andrew, we headed to another friend's house in Clarksville. It was time for our monthly 501st Southern Outpost prop party. Everyone was building and finishing projects. DragonCon starts this coming Friday, and we all want to be ready for it. I just have a few little finishing touches to put on my officer's uniform and I'll be finished. Casey's Snowtrooper is done as well. I'll have LOTS of pictures to post after DragonCon. We finally got to a stopping point and made the drive back home. It was around 2 a.m., when we finally got home and into bed. Saturday was a REALLY long day!

Sunday morning Casey went and did shelter duty. At 12:35 p.m. I met several members of the Celebration Pet Day committee at the Walking Horse Celebration grounds to pass out our Pet Show flyers at that afternoon's dog show. It was one of the most hot, miserable days I can remember in a long time. It was mass chaos out there as well. We handed out flyers for over an hour. Hopefully, it got some extra word out about our event. Afterwards, I came home and collapsed. That was when the awful headache started bothering me. Although, I guess it's no wonder after the weekend we had!

There are no really big plans for today. I'm just trying to rest up a little. Tonight, one of my friends is putting new brakes on my car. We're trying to get it ready for the trip to Atlanta to DragonCon on Friday. Casey will be busy working a ballgame tonight until 10 p.m. So, I'm sure that I'll be shot tomorrow. Everyone have a good afternoon!

No comments: