Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hiya!

It's been another uneventful day here. I've been fortunate enough to be inside in the nice airconditioning, while outside it swelters. I just checked the outside temps to see what I'm in for while swimming laps today. What I saw made me cringe: 99 degrees and it feels like 108!! There is a beautiful indoor pool that I could use, but the bright sunny days pull me outside. I just can't resist, so I load my water bottle half with ice and half with ice cold water and "just do it". I just feel better with some outdoor time everyday. It soothes my soul for some reason. I've missed my walks with Bear so much, since he has been plagued with some arthritis problems. The pool has become my outdoor outlet. I'm a regular there, and they expect me everyday at the same time. I've also met and become aquainted with the other regulars: call it a swimming social circle if you will. They do their required laps, while I plow away with my water aerobic equipment, before laps. It's quite a nice relaxation technique. The summer has been brutal at the outdoor pool. For the better part of 2 months now, we've been swimming in water at least 90 degrees. Just a tad warm to work out comfortably. The temperature had been rising so this week, they started pumping cold water into the lanes. The one ture thing about water that Alton Brown teaches and the pool proves: It takes a while to get water to temp but once it's there, it takes a while to change the temp too. Boy howdy!!! So in a short while, I'll be at the pool. I must be crazy!!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Thankfully we have had a cool down here. It's only in the low 80's here. What bliss.