Wednesday, August 09, 2006

More Progress

Today has been a quiet day. In my spare time, I've gotten the forms and invitation letters ready to go out to other area pet rescues. If there's one thing I know about animal rescue, it's that networking works! While my shelter may not have the perfect pet that someone is looking for, one 20 miles down the road might. That equals one more animal saved in my book. Space made for one more animal to be taken in and saved. I like to subtract from the BIG total. So, I'm inviting every rescue in the area to come and have a meet and greet booth at Celebration Pet Day for FREE! I've also invited them to bring some of their adoptable pets, along with any organization literature. I'd love to see some animals get homes, because of this event.

I have realized to my horror, that we have scheduled our event at the same time as Nashville's Dog Days event. But, there's no way around it. Due to other county events and scheduling, this was the best day possible for us. It is my dream for our small event to one day be as successful as the Nashville event. We are trying to create and forge the kind of community support that the Nashville Humane Association has. To all of my friends and Nashville readers, please consider doubling your fun that day. Do both festivals. If you just cannot make the trip, please attend one!! Every person that supports any animal rescue organization helps. With that in mind, here are some quick details about our event as it's coming together:

2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION PET DAY

Saturday, October 14, 2006

10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Bedford County Agricultural Center

Benefits the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association

Come join us for a day of family fun.

Star Wars Character Meet and Greet, Programs, Dog Show, Games, Food, Vendors, and Fun!!

FREE ADMISSION!!!

Donations appreciated.

ALL dogs welcome that are leashed and up to date on vaccinations!!

For information contact the Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association at (931) 684-KIND or e-mail SBCHA@hotmail.com

No comments: