Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Weekend Went By So Fast!

I'm still reeling by how fast the weekend flew by. Saturday after I got off from work, Casey and I did indeed take Bear to the little neighborhood park close by. It was great exercise for him, plus he got new stuff to smell and new trees and poles to, let's say, to leave his mark. Anyway, this little park has a road that loops all the way around it. We walked the loop several times, and then I worked Bear a little on his obedience training. A new environment was really good for distraction. I'll be posting some pictures of the whole experience post haste. Afterwards, we went home and had some yummy leftovers for dinner. My friend that is helping with the food donations for Celebration Pet Day came by and told me that the local Kroger's is wanting to sponsor us. We have to come up with a possible attendance number to give to them, so they can call in their vendors. This is just FABULOUS news!! My friend is doing a GREAT job on the donations. She's also managed to get some hamburger patties donated, along with toppings for the burgers. She also managed to get a gift card from Food Lion donated as well. With her spearheading this part of the project, the humane association is not going to have to spend a lot out of pocket. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

I didn't clean the house on Sunday. It was just too pretty outside. I spent the better part of the day having lunch with Mom and outside with Bear. Yesterday I worked at the kennel all day. It was big dog day at the kennel. No littles around. I bathed a boxer, german shepherd, and a golden retriever. I ran the kennel and trained most of the day, because Jennie is building a house and was actually outside hammering away with the rest of the building crew! Now, that's what I call sweat equity!! Last night's obedience class went well too. It was mostly just informational, because everyone came without their dog. It was really fun though, and I'm so glad that Jennie asked me to help her.

There's not much going on today. I'm furiously trying to get new stuff out into the stacks, so it can be used. It's typical for this time of year. My week will be short, since Casey and I are taking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. We still haven't decided if we are going to Knoxville or just hanging out and doing stuff close to home. We'll see as the end of the week gets closer. I'm gonna run for now. Hope everyone has a great evening!!

No comments: