Thursday, April 14, 2005

The "Pants" Incident

It's been a great week so far. Nothing spectacular in particular, but I've just been in a really good mood all week. I got a call yesterday saying that our forms and checks have started rolling in for Celebration Pet Day. I'm getting rather nervous, since it's exactly one month from today!!! You all be sure to schedule me for the nervous breakdown the 2nd week of May!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also found out that we've got a face painter scheduled to come as well. I think that will be really cool! This lady's even going to donate half of the profit made from her booth to us in addition to her vending fee. She does the whole face painting and will paint dog or cat faces on anyone interested. I've got to be sure to remember to take my camera to get some shots of her work!

I have no big plans for today. I've just been getting a lot of my spring cleaning done at work. Clearing out odds and ends that have been left for a later time. There's not a lot on the agenda work wise today. We are just trying to get everything straight and caught up before the semester ends. Finals are due to start week after next. The spring semester really flew by!

Now for the "pants incident". I asked for Casey's persmission, so I could share the following with you all. As you all know, Casey works part time for our local shelter. It is his job to go every morning and clean kennels, let the dogs out into our fenced play yards, and do the routine cleaning. Yesterday as he was finishing up, he let the dogs back inside. Casey always wears old clothes when he goes to the shelter, because he just trashes them while he is cleaning. Since it's been really warm here, he's been wearing his old Jersey's shorts. These are the ones with the elastic waistband. It seems that 3 of the dogs decided to triple team him with love and involve him in their happy game of tug of war. Unfortunately, they decided that Casey's shorts were perfect for the tugging. The dogs were behind him, one on each side and one in the middle. They all managed to not only get Casey's shorts off of him but away from him as well!! When he finally caught up with them, one of the dogs, Babe, got his feet tangled up in them, and Casey almost never got them back!! Our shelter is on a busy main thoroughfare, and one side faces the local McDonald's. Needless to say, there may be some folks that never eat at McDonald's again in our town!! Casey told me all of this, when he got home from work last night. He said, "the dogs pantsed me today!". Of course I thought that I'd heard him wrong, so I made him say it again. I don't think I've laughed that hard or long in a very, very long time!! I just had to share it here, because it's just too good NOT to tell someone. I still chuckle every time I think about it!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyone have a great day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEHEHE, never a dull moment around dogs:) We are laughing with him not at him!:) Oh no, my dogs are now looking at me funny. My laughs interupted their nap.

theogeo said...

That's hilarious!

And I used to loooove watching Freakazoid.