Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Springy Weekend!


Lovely view looking up through the dogwood tree in my yard. Posted by Hello

I had THE most fabulous weekend and anniversary! I left work early, as planned, and Casey and I just gallivanted about. We had a late lunch, so we wanted to wait to have a late dinner. We had to be extra hungry of course, since we had decided to go to the Omni Hut for dinner. We went to all the pet related stores we could find. We ended up playing with puppies for most of the afternoon. We did go a few other places. Casey was on the hunt for a good stainless steel cooking pan. We ended up getting him a Cuisinart at TJ Maxx. All in all, we had a great time just running around in the sunshine.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, it was time to go and have our anniversary dinner. I always love going to the Omni Hut. We ended up ordering the Tahitian Tidbits (Terriyaki riblets) for our appetizer, and the Chicken Ono Ono (Terriyaki Chicken with a special rice, soup, and salad). As you can probably guess, we had waaaay too much food! So, we boxed up our leftovers for lunch on Sunday. As we were leaving, the hostess agreed to take our picture in front of the fountain to mark our anniversary. Unfortunately, the fountain is right in a corner area, where the space is very tight. You can see a lot more of us than the fountain.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Afterwards, we just went home and kicked back and watched a little t.v.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My piece of dog art that Casey gave to me as an anniversary gift.

Sunday was a very lazy day. We slept in and had our yummy leftovers for lunch. We had to drive back into Mufreesboro to pick up Casey's car. We had left it on Saturday, so we could ride back home together. Casey had to go into work Sunday afternoon, so I ended up just sitting around the house vegging for the night. Yesterday was kennel day. I was in charge of the kennel yesterday, because Jennie had gone to a herding class. We were full and busy again this week. I suppose we'll just be busy until the end of summer now. I had 4 baths to give yesterday. One to a little, sweet Yorkshire Terrier/Dachshund mix (a Dorkie, they're called) named Lucy. She was the first dog I ever worked with at the kennel. She has the sweetest disposition, and her owners a just great! I also gave baths to a Boston Terrier, a Springer Spaniel, and a rather elderly Bearded Collie. Everything went really well, and I managed to get everything finished. I took care of pickups and dropoffs, as well as answering the phone and questions from clients. I really felt accomplished afterwards, especially since I'd had it on my own.

Today is pretty normal. There's a lot that I can't get done, since they are doing system upgrades today. I just got back from an awards presentation, where I received my 5 year service award. They had goodies to eat as well, but I was well behaved and abstained from them. Be sure to check out the photoblog today. I was quite the shutterbug over the weekend, so I should have plenty of updates throughout the week! Everyone have a fabulous day!!!

1 comment:

Snowbabies said...

Great to hear you've had a fab anniversary weekend, that little present from Casey is so cute :-)