Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Nose Knows!

It seems that every program that I need to get work done today is offline for updates. So, I've just been trying to find bits and pieces to fill my day. I hope they are back online soon, I have LOTS of stuff to get finished up today. I'm registered for a work conference tomorrow, so I'll be out of pocket in the big city of Nashville. I'll be back on Saturday with lots of updates for you. Other than waiting on offline programs, I don't have a whole lot going on today. I'll probably try to get a little more house cleaining done tonight, since Casey is scheduled to work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I recently found out that we have a rabbit rescue here locally. It is called Bunny Rescue. I e-mailed the director yesterday about coming to set up a booth at Celebration Pet Day. I think it will be nice to include them, since we are featuring all kinds of pets. This morning when I checked my e-mail, I had a reply. They said YES!! I'm so excited. I'm hoping that we'll have something of interest for all pet owners. So, if you are interested in learning more about rabbit rescue, check out Bunny Rescue's website. It is really great!

I was looking through some dog literature from a couple years ago. I came across this really unique ID system. It's called Dognose ID

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They use an inkprint of your dog's nose as an ID tool. They have a database and registry all set up. If you want an alternative to microchipping and tatooing, this may be your answer. Sounds like another way to safeguard your dogs. I did try to find if they had this system for cats, but turned up nothing. Maybe we should e-mail them to include cats as well. What do you all think?

I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

1 comment:

Snowbabies said...

That's a cool alternative, nose prints! I don't think we could hold Lolly still long enough ..lol.. Our bunch are all chipped apart from Lolly but he'll be done when he goes in for neutering.