Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflecting

Photobucket

I know it's New Year's Eve and all, but Casey and I have decided to spend a quiet night at home. We are going to have Chinese food and kung fu movies. WOOT! Casey made a wonderful New Year's Eve breakfast, which we shared with Mom this morning. This afternoon, we've just lounged around. I've been sitting reading with Indiana on my lap. He's feeling better today, but still not quite his usual self. I've been thinking about what a great year 2008 has been for me. There were a lot of "firsts" for both me and Casey:

1. I continued my pursuit of better health.

2. I began my first running program.

3. I ran my first 5k.

4. I applied for and got my first passport.

5. I went on my first cruise ship.

6. I left the country for the first time.

7. I bottle fed and raised 3 kittens for the first time.

8. I raised 3 puppies at the same time.

9. I saw my first foreign beaches.

10. I went to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale for the first time.

It's been a great year of "firsts", but there are a few things that remain a constant in my life.

1. A wonderful, loving husband that makes my life and my home a wonderful place to be.

2. My wonderful family and their good health.

3. All of my wonderful friends: online and in person.

4. All of my fur babies that make my life so wonderful.

There are still some more firsts that I like to do in 2009. I had a whole list earlier, but I can only think of a few right now.

1. Run my first half marathon or at least begin the training for it.

2. Become a U.S. Master Swim member.

3. Take horseback riding lessons.

4. Continue my quest for health.

5. Take another beach vacation.

6. Visit with my friends more often.

7. Never miss an opportunity to be with my family and friends.

To all of you, I wish a very happy and healthy New Year! If you go out, please be safe and have a great time! Here's to a wonderful 2009!

No comments: