Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Loving Myself

I am enjoying my new workout program, and I'm starting to see a few tiny results. However, I think that I may be overdoing it just a bit. I've been SO exhausted the past week, and I can't seem to feel rested at all. I talked with my swim coach yesterday, and she suggested instead of a 5 day workout, I should settle for a 4 day workout for now. After I get used to that, I can add the extra day back in. I don't know. I feel that I'm copping out in a way, but I am doing LOTS of different things now. I think my body is trying to tell me something. In addition to my 3-5 miles a week swimming, I've added a couple miles of running, yoga, and weight workouts. I'm starting to get some nagging aches and pains in my ankles that remain, instead of going away. I'm afraid I'm starting out with too much. My worst competition is myself, and I'm trying really hard to let that go. So today, I'm just going straight home to relax. I'll be back in the pool tomorrow.

No comments: