Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stunned

I couldn't believe the news, when I heard that Heath Ledger had died yesterday. It's such a shame. He was SO young, with so much life ahead of him. Casey was just as shocked as I was. I'm not really into following the entertainment fluff that much, but he seemed so under the radar. You never really heard much negative press about him. I've heard different reports that he was sufferning from insomnia and anxiety, partly made worse by the working on the very dark Joker role in the Dark Knight movie. How true that is, I have no idea. I'm sure there will be LOTS more stories to circulate in the coming days. As I'm typing this, I'm sitting here looking at the HUGE A Knight's Tale poster that Kim and I have hanging in our office at work. It just makes me sad. One of my friends posted one of her favorite Heath moment's from 10 Things I Hate About You, but I'll always remember him like this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

I have a question for you if you do not mind contacting me. khall@shelbyvillepower.com
We have met once and I have read your blog quite a bit. My question has to do with the local animal shelter that you volunteer for.
Thank you,
Karen

Anonymous said...

That is one of our favorite movies. Of course we work at a renaissance fair and can't help but laugh at the parts of faires we see in the movie and parts of the movie that we see at the faire:) He will be missed:(