Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Daily Musings

Well the snow and ice that were predicted for the third time in less than a week, never materialized. From this point forward, I think I'm just going to do it the old fashioned way: look out a window!

Casey and I had a nice, relaxing weekend. Saturday night, my mom fixed a big dinner for the whole family. She made homemade stew, along with her homemade cornbread. It was soooo yummy on such a cold night! On Sunday, we drove over to Franklin and just sort of shopped around. We didn't come home with much, but it was really nice to get out in the sunshine. Yesterday, we were just basically lumps. We watched a House Hunters marathon and just lounged. Not much got accomplished.

So, back at the regular routine today. I'm just trying to keep warm. I'm SOOO ready for spring! I'm ready for the warm, sunshin-ey days. What about you guys?

I got this in my inbox last week, and really wanted to share it with you all. It's a Rescuer's Prayer:

A Rescue Prayer

Now I lay me down to rest I pray my soul can stand this test Of watching critters lose their homes While owners gripe and cry and moan

I long for strength of spirit that They'll find a loving home again Where they will know a loving heart I can't do much, but it's a start

And spare me from the owner's pleas About the baby's allergies Or how they're moving out of state Or spitefulness 'tween cat and mate

Please keep me sane while dealing with The woman who bought as a gift A wriggling tiny ball of fluff That now is playing way too rough

Remind me I should bite my lip When confronted with "he grew too quick" "I didn't know he'd get so large" "He seems to think that he's in charge"

Protect my heart when I hear them say "I think we'll breed our dog one day" Sometimes I think it'll break in two; Each day brings trials harsh and new And if I die before I wake I pray one hopeless soul you'll take My tears are gone, my faith is bare Lord, please hear my rescue prayer. ~ Unknown

No comments: