Friday, May 18, 2007

A Little Antsy

For the past week or so, Slate has acted like he doesn't feel well. His heart has been beating really fast, which has caused his breathing to be affected. I keep thinking that he never had these problems at all, until he started the new heart medication. So on Wednesday, I called Dr. K and asked his opinion. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making it all up in my own head. Dr. K wants him to increase his heart med, Enalapril, to two tablets a day. My instructions were to watch him until today, and if he wasn't significantly better by today, to bring him in Saturday. It seems to me that the increase in medication has only made the symptoms worse, so I've set up an appointment for tomorrow. I know that Slate is an older dog with heart problems. I'm not trying to kid myself. I just hope that I don't get HORRIBLE news tomorrow. For the past month or so, I've been trying to prepare myself for the very worst. It's just hard, when they're your babies. Slate has been with me the longest, and I know that he'll be the hardest to let go. Everyone please send some good thoughts and prayers our way. I'll update, as soon as I know details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of hugs and happy thoughts to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
How is Slate doing after his visit to the vet?! We've been thinking of you all weekend and I was happy to hear you were getting out for a bit.

Take care