Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Back!

It seems like I've been away or been busy forever! I'm finally getting back to some sort of normalcy. I had a very productive day on Saturday. I started around 11:00 a.m. I re-dug the big flower bed around the tree in the front yard. I bet it's been four years or more, since I've planted anything in it. I spent a better part of the morning ridding the thing of weeds and small trees. There's a few things that still come back, so I weeded those out as well. I finally got it to the point where I could start turning it. I added several bags of new dirt and then got down to planting. I planted two flats of Impatients in it. One flat was multicolored, striped ones. The second flat was solid, cranberry colored. They look beautiful planted along with my Hostas and pink Bachelor Buttons. On the other side of the yard beside the Dogwood tree, I cleaned out the small bird bath and planted Moss Roses in the cement rabbit planter. I placed my park bench between the bird bath and the planter. I had a nice butterfly fish yard decoration that hangs from a small shepherd's hook that I've never used. It was a gift that I just put away. I remembered it and put it beside the park bench. It's taller than the bird bath, and it just looks lovely. I love my little garden by the tree that I created. I finally finished with the yard around 7:00 p.m. I was completely wiped out from the heat. I took a nice shower and vegged out on the sofa. One of the pay channels was showing all of the Star Wars movies, so I had something good to watch while I relaxed. Saturday was such a nice day!

On Sunday, I invited Mom over to give her her mother's day gift. We all relaxed on Sunday afternoon. On Sunday night, my brother, Casey and I all got together and fixed her a really nice Mother's Day dinner. We all had a great time visiting over at my brother's new apartment. It has a nice, big kitchen, so we all had a place to sit and visit.

Monday I spent the day cleaning. Casey had made quite a bit of progress on operation big pitch Saturday. So, I had to do my part. I also did one metric ton of laundry!! How can we go through that many clothes in one week?!! On Monday afternoon, we met with some friends for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It was a nice way to end the weekend. Afterwards, Casey and I came home and promptly crashed.

Yesterday I attended a library conference for work. My co-worker and I rode together. It was a really nice workshop, but lunch was a disaster (not enough of them, and no one got what they ordered). Afterwards, I came home watered the plants. I also did a big feeding.

So, here I am. I'm back to my usual schedule now. Since the ear infection has cleared up, I'm REALLY looking forward to swimming tomorrow. I'm a cranky girl without the pool. I'm off to play raquetball now. Everyone have a great afternoon!

No comments: