Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weekend of Wildness

Sorry for being MIA for the past several days. When Casey and I got home on Thursday, I noticed that Bear had some swelling around his rear end. The past couple of weeks have been somewhat nervewracking, where Bear is considered. He'd been chewing holes in his back leg for a while, which we were trying to heal. Also, we've been trying to get his arthritis meds adjusted. Anyway, he was not feeling well at all. So we decided that a vet visit first thing Friday morning that we'd take him to the vet. By 11:00 p.m. on Thursday night, his condition had gone from bad to worse. With all the problems he'd been having from the past several weeks, we were unsure what was wrong. The swelling was twice the size it was when I had first looked at it. Bear was whining and running up beside the furniture and the walls. It was also VERY angry looking. He'd also torn his back foot open again. We called our vet, who was out of town and suggested we take him to the emergency clinic. Long story short, he had an abscessed anal gland. Not life threatening but very uncomfortable for Bear. They fixed him up with a lancing and antibiotics. Tunrs out that's why he was chewing on his leg. He had a very rough weekend, but finally started to feel much better yesterday.

When they ran my debit card at the vet clinic, it ran through twice at the bank. Since this was a $200 bill, it was quite an ordeal to get fixed. Not only that, but it had all of my Christmas shopping money tied up!! The vet clinic's tape showed that it only went through once on their end, and it was a bank error. Well, you know banks. THEY are NEVER wrong. Of course, it was the vet clinic's fault. Anyway, I had to go back to the clinic. Their accountant had to call my bank. Then, she had to send a fax stating they would only be taking the money once. After all this was done, I called the bank back a couple hours later to see if everything was fixed. They said the fax was never sent (I know that it was, because I watched her send it). Anyway, we had to re-fax everything AGAIN!! Finally by last night, everything was fixed. I was exhausted. By far, NOT my best weekend ever.

4 comments:

theogeo said...

Oh no! I hope Bear is okay.

Anonymous said...

I just spent 150 to make sure that my other two kitties were ok. It'll probably be 200, cos Itchy needs another booster 2 days after Christmas.

~sigh~

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...I'm so sorry to hear about little Bear, but so glad to hear everything turned out for the best. Those anal glands can be nasty things.

Linda / Chri said...

I vote for the bank fuss being worse. Can't say that I have any personal experience with the anal gland condition, but I have been through trying to get the bank to fix an error. Yuck to both!