Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Wish

My friend, Pennie, sent this lovely piece to me. It sums up one of my greatest Christmas wishes. I hope that someday it will be true. I want to share it with you all.

I wish,

For every dog

searching trash cans for breakfast,

a filled bowl with his name printed in bright letters.

For every dog

who slept fitfully last night, chained in a frozen yard,

a soft, warm bed

with a person snoring gently nearby.

For every shelter dog,

spending Christmas morning in a soiled run,

a forever home,

filled with sounds and smells of family.

For every "Christmas" puppy

given today,

a tolerant, caring owner

who won't abandon you

as you grow into a real dog.

For every ailing pet,

enough money for your owner

to pay the bills to make you well.

For every lost dog,

a clear, safe road, and well marked path,

to lead you home.

For every old and tired friend,

a warm fire, and a soft bed,

to ease your aches and pains.

and

For every Heart Dog at the Bridge,

a moment when you know that you

are remembered today,

missed again,

and loved forever.

Author unknown

No comments: