Saturday, December 02, 2006

Changing Directions

All this past week, Casey has been sickety, sick, sick. When it first started out, we just thought it was a nasty sinus infection. Then the coughing started. The nasty repiratory infection has hit my household. I'm o.k., so far. I figure that he'll get all better, and I'll get sick just in time for Christmas! Anyway, the cough-snot bomb has prompted a change of plans for the weekend. Originally, we were supposed to head up to Clarksville to do a Toys For Tots event at the Toys R'Us. The Southern Outpost is there to help collect toys. Casey is feeling some better, but we figured it would be best if he wasn't out in the cold all day long. We certainly didn't want him coming down with pneumonia. So, we are just hangin out and taking it easy.

Since I'm close to home, I'm going to head out to the middle of town to see the local Christmas parade tonight. There's been very few years of my life that I've missed this parade. I'm looking forward to it. I'm sure that I'll be hanging out at Pope's Cafe before the parade having some yummy homemade hot chocolate. The parade always gets my Christmas spirit going. It just such a Christmas-y thing to do. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: