Friday, July 21, 2006

Where I Live

I was reading my local newspaper a couple of days ago, and found something absolutely hysterical. Well it's hysterical to me, since I live in Shelbyville. Until a recent boom in growth, all Shelbyville had in the way of entertainment was a two screen movie theatre and a Wal-Mart. Let's just say us residents have a way of keeping ourselves amused. As I read this little blurb in the blotter, I found myself actually laughing out loud. I've taken the names out to protect the not so innocent. Enjoy!!

Wrong Place

Allegedly intoxicated persons showed up in unusual locations over the weekend, according to Shelbyville police.

xxxxx, 46,xxx Road, fell into the salad bar after staggering into Faye's Cafeteria, North Main Street, and attempting to fondle a waitress late Sunday afternoon, police said.

xxxxxxx, 21, xxxx Street, was asleep in his car at the Pacific Pride fuel pumps, Depot Street -- where law enforcement officers obtain gasoline for their patrol cars -- when Officer Jerry Lawrence arrested him shortly after 5 a.m. Sunday. xxxx and xxxxx were each charged with public intoxication, Shelbyville police reports indicate.

Do you think it's the heat? Nah, I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth when I read the "salad bar incident". Oh my gosh...just too funny!
I grew up in small town and this is just the kind of "news" we got also. Everyone knew what was going on with everyone else. In some ways I miss it...in other ways I don't. =)