Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How Was Your Weekend?

My weekend was a whirlwind of activity!! Saturday afternoon, Casey and I headed up to Clarkville for a monthly prop party. Because of good ol' Kenny Chesney and his concert, it took us 3 hours to get from Mufreesboro to Clarksville. Sheesh!! I-24, our interstate route, was a parking lot!! We kept thinking we were stuck in construction, only to find out it was Mr. Chesney's fault. Needless to say, he is NOT on my favorite list of people this week. We finally got there and commenced to building armor. The talent of the guys at the prop parties ALWAYS astounds me. They are all extremely talented, and as smart as any prop builders in Hollywood too! A friend of ours, is making a latex mask. A few of the guys made him a face cast with nothing but aluminum foil, duct tape, and plaster of paris. It was ABSOLUTELY incredible to watch. We got lots of pictures of the process that I hope to get posted tomorrow. After a lot of work and visiting, Casey and I finally got home around 2 a.m.!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday morning, Casey did the shelter and let me sleep in a little. When he got back home, we got cleaned up and went to eat lunch with a friend. After a nice lunch we went to our local theatre to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. It was FANTASTIC!!! I think I like it even better than the first one. The pace of this one was much quicker than the first too. I won't give anything away, but the ending sure was a suprise. I just wish that I had watched the first before seeing the new one. What can I say about Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow that hasn't already been said? He gives a wonderful performance again. I can't wait for the next one!

Yesterday, I woke up to my cell phone ringing. It was Casey. His car battery died, so I had to go and rescue him at 6:30 a.m. So, I was up early. By 1:00 p.m. I was so exhausted, that I was down for the count. I had a rather lengthy afternoon nap just to recharge. Casey fixed us a really nice dinner, and afterwards I did all of my weekly cleaning.

Who knows how exciting this weekend will be?

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

This weekend was nutty but fun. Did you get to see the pictures? I can share my snapfish album with ya if you'd like

(((HUGS)))

PS...Ms Bernie Barlow has a bun in the oven. (I don't know if its common Moody knowledge yet)