Saturday, July 08, 2006

Weekend Mayhem

This week has been unusually busy. I can't seem to catch a break. I think after next week, everything will slowly get back to normal. I've already got a busy weekend all planned out too. Tonight, Casey and I are heading up to our friend's house in Clarksville. About once a month, the members of the 501st Southern Outpost get together to work on costumes and build props. We have a full schedule of trooping events this summer, so we always have a large gathering. Anyway, Casey is just about finished with his Snowtrooper armor. He's planning to break it in at the end of this month. We are going to appear at a charity event for the Ronald McDonald House for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. So, Casey is quickly trying to get the last little details finished up. Now, I just have to get started on my Imperial Officer costume. I spent an afternoon last week getting fabric ideas and getting my pattern. When you costume, it takes a while just to get everything together to start. I'm also getting stuff together for a Jedi Costume, Jocasta Nu, and for a Padme costume, Naboo Fighter Pilot. Someday, I'll get all of this done.

Tomorrow is our shelter day, so we'll be there first thing. Then, we are having lunch with a good friend. Afterwards, we'll head out to the movies to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I can't wait. The reviews have been good. I'll be sure to let you all know what I think. So, my weekend is cram packed.

I gotta run for now. Time to go and get all of this weekend stuff done. I hope everyone has a great weekend too!

1 comment:

John said...

I want to see the pirate movie, but my sister in Linden is really stoked. I think the original is one of her all-time favorites.