Monday, July 26, 2010

How Did This Happen?

It seems that I have fallen for one of the newest pop culture marketing ploys. Yes, I am IN LOVE with Silly Bandz!!! I think that it may have something to do with the fact that I was queen of the Jelly Bracelets, when I was in high school (thankyou very much, Madonna!).

Photobucket

So, the Silly Bandz have rekindled my love for colorful, rubbery, cheap bracelets. What can I say? They are a great pool accessory too! They are jewelry that you can swim in and not get bent out of shape, if you lose one! I really had NO idea how insanely popular they are, until recently. News articles are comparing them to the Beanie Baby craze. Kids and teens collect them and wear them up to their elbows! Schools are banning them, because they create academic disatractions!! Kids are trading them. Certain colors have certain meanings to them. The company holds contests. Designs are retired and new designs come out. The whole objective is to collect every design released. I just had no idea...BUT I do now!! Bring on the bandy goodness!

My Silly Bandz.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Scott Reed said...

I havea green dinosaur, but people laugh at me when I wear it. What is up with that?