Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Over the Weekend

I had a pretty good holiday weekend. I had to work Saturday, but I was off on Sunday and Monday. On Sunday, I managed to squeeze one last outdoor pool day in. I managed to get my laps done in the indoor pool, and then I headed outside to catch some rays. I think that I spent about 4 hours at the pool on Sunday. I just can't tell you what an afternoon in the sun does for me. My whole outlook changed with just those few hours. Now, if I can just make it last for the next 6 months.

I was glad to hear that Gustav didn't do the damage that was anticipated. What damage there was was bad enough. Our campus is hosting a Red Cross shelter. There are over 450 evacuees here. Now, everyone's watching the next two storms, Hannah and Ike. It's just a terrible couple of weeks to live on the coast.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!! BTW, I just want to take a minute to wish my sweet friend, Shanera, a VERY HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: