Saturday, August 30, 2008

In Harm's Way

As everyone prepares for the holiday weekend, many of our neighbors to the southwest are once again evacuating their homes in prepartion for Hurricane Gustav. I just checked out the latest stats, and it has been upgraded to a category 4. My thoughts and prayers are with all of my southern neighbors..may you be safe. Once again, I'm thinking about all of their pets, the homeless animals, the animal shelters. My they be safe, warm, and dry. This is a good time for everyone to review their families' disaster plan. What would you do, if you, your family, your home, your pet(s) were in harm's way? Plan ahead. If you don't have one, go ahead and make your family and pet disaster plan. Click HERE for Disaster Preparedness tips from the American Humane Association. You can also check out the Red Cross Disaster Preparedness programs HERE.

No comments: