Friday, August 29, 2008

Back To School

Casey went back to school this week. He enrolled in Nashville State Community College's Culinary Program. He's taking an online class and one class on campus. He's SO excited and REALLY enjoying it too. Last night was the first meeting of his on campus class. They did the lecture portion, and then for their cooking portion, they got to observe the Italian Pastry Team work. They are in from Italy for a competition this weekend. He got to watch them color, heat, and mold sugar. He said it was one of the coolest things to watch! Casey's such a foodie, that I'm sure he was fascinated. I'm so glad that he's doing this. I know that he's just going to love it. He's hoping, after this semester, to get a kitchen job to start building his resume. Who knows, I may have the next Gordon Ramsay on my hands!!

No comments: