Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I DID It!!

I completed my very first 5k this past Saturday. It was the Fenton Payne & Fred 5k. I'm proud to say that I was able to run the whole race. That was my number one goal. My time wasn't too bad either for a first timer. My gun time was 38:37. My chip time or actual running time was 37:33. I managed to shave a couple minutes off my time while at it! WOOT!! I was anxious, when I started running, and that messed up my breathing a bit. I finally got calmed down. I think I could have made better time, if it hadn't been for that. Now that I've done it once and know what to expect, I think I'll do better. I had so much fun, and now I can't wait to run my next 5k!!

Photobucket

In the starting line.

Photobucket

Starting the run.
Photobucket

Running for the finish.
Photobucket

Coming into the finish line

Photobucket

Finally done!!
Photobucket

Afterwards

3 comments:

John said...

...and a great chance to run your next 5K will be the United Way Child Safety Day on Oct. 25 at H.V. Griffin Park. :)

L^2 said...

Yay, congrats! Glad to hear it went well.

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! Not sure I can run down my driveway:( Now a 5K walk I can handle:)