Tuesday, July 08, 2008

4th of July Recap

Photobucket

Casey and I had a FANTASTIC 4th of July weekend! We both took the afternoon of the 3rd off. I had put in for Saturday off, and Casey took Monday off. We had a nice, long holiday weekend. On the 4th, we got up early to feed all of the kittens. We decided that since it was only about 5:30 a.m. that we would go back to bed. It felt REALLY good to have a morning to sleep in. We just puttered around the house, until early afternoon. I finally pried myself up off of the couch and went to run. Afterwards, I came home and cleaned up quickly. We were invited to some friends of ours, Vance and Jennifer, for a cookout. We had grilled hamburgers, brats, and homemade icecream!! I think the icecream was my very favorite!! We shot off fireworks for about an hour, and then spent the next hour watching everyone else in the neighborhood shoot theirs off. It was such a fun night.

On Saturday, we went with Vance and Jennifer to Percy Priest lake to jetski!! I had never been on a jetski before, and I was both excited and a bit nervous too. Casey went out first. I think Vance had a good time with him. They went a lot faster than Jennifer and I did. After they were done, Jennifer took me out for the first time. It was a little scary at first, but after I figured out that I wouldn't go flying off the thing, I had a ton of fun. Jennifer took me on a really long ride. We also did a little wake jumping....small ones...I wasn't nearly ready for the big ones. After we got back, Vance and Jennifer both went out on their own. The did a little hotdogging for our viewing pleasure. After they were done, Casey took it out by himself. He did REALLY well. I decided not to drive this time, but I definitely will next time. After Casey got back, we both went out together. Casey had a little fun with me. He wanted to go really fast! When we were finished we got to watch Jennifer kneeboard and wakeboard. She was REALLY good!! Maybe I'll learn to kneeboard sometime. We stayed out at the lake for nearly five hours!! Time just flies, when you're having fun and it was soon time to head for home. To say that Casey and I enjoyed ourselves is a bit of an understatement. We just can't wait to go again!!

All in all, we had a super fantastic fourth thanks to our friends Vance and Jennifer.

The great and mighty SeaDoo

Photobucket

These two ducks hung out with us all day.

Photobucket

Picnicing at the lake with Vance and Jennifer.

Photobucket

Vance and Casey going out for the first time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jen and I going out for the first time.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Casey riding solo.
Photobucket

Casey and I going out together.

Photobucket

Photobucket
To see all of our lake pictures, click HERE

No comments: