Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Overwhelmed

I'm sorry that I've neglected to post here the past few days. This past weekend was kind of crazy. All of the pre-DragonCon stuff has started. I'm trying to finish the alterations on the costumes we're taking with us, get the last few props finished up, and get things squared away at the house. All of this, while all the promotions start up full swing for Celebration Pet Day.

Last Saturday started out well. By the end of the day, I was flat on my back on the couch. I've been exercising REALLY hard the past couple of weeks, and I guess it took its toll on my back. I strained it good. So, I just lounged for most of Saturday afternoon and night. I hit the muscle relaxers, so I got over it pretty quickly.

On Sunday afternoon, I met my pet day committee at the Tennessee Walking Horse Celebration grounds. The Celebration has a dog show every year. Their office is so nice. They gave us permission to pass out our Celebration Pet Day and pet show flyers there for advertisement. We gave out nearly 500 flyers. Not bad for an hour and a half of work. It was SO hot there, but I'm sure it was worth it.

Yesterday was the first day of the fall semester on campus. It's always crazy the first day. There's always SO much to do, and everyone's in a hurry. I was exhausted by the time I got home yesterday. I just fell into bed early last night. Today is a lot more settled, and things seem more normal.

Now if I can just finish getting ready for DragonCon, before I go crazy! There's always so much to do that I feel overwhelmed. BUT, I'm always like this before a trip. We leave on Friday, so it's almost over.

Everyone have a great afternoon!

No comments: