This has been the most horrible day I've had in a while. Mom called late yesterday afternoon for me to come home that Slate wasn't doing well. He had stopped eating and started throwing up again. Casey and I took him into the vet this morning. I've done a LOT of thinking today. I don't want him to suffer, and if Dr. K says it's time, then I'll give him the go ahead. It's selfish of me to keep him here just to suffer.
UPDATE: Casey just talked to Dr. K. Slate's bloodwork doesn't look bad at all. His breathing, heart, and lungs are as good as they can be for his condition. Dr. K thinks that we are still just mainly dealing with a stomach issue. He's going to keep him overnight and try some more things. He says that he doesn't think we are to that point yet.
Even though I still stand by my original decision, I trust Dr. K implicitly. I'm still worried, and we're not out of the woods yet, but I do feel somewhat relieved.