Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tense

Sorry for skipping out yesterday. I suffered a bad bout of insomnia over the weekend. I figure that it was brought on by worry. The worry over Slate to be exact. He started having trouble breathing late Sunday afternoon. So Sunday night, I kept waking up any time I heard a noise to check on him. He seemed a little better on Monday morning but by the afternoon, he was having trouble again. I figured that the humid weather was playing a part, but I didn't want him to get to the congestive heart failure state again. So, I called Dr. K on Monday afternoon and told him what was going on. He said to give him an extra Lasix and bring him in Tuesday morning and let them check him out. So, no sleep Monday night either. They had a lot of emergencies at the vet's yesterday, so I really didn't know much, except that he wasn't critical or in danger, until late yesterday. He is pretty much the same as last time. No worse, which is good. His blood work came out perfect, so it is o.k. to up his dose of lasix to help in the hot, humid weather. So, we just keep on keepin' on. I'm definitely glad that it was just the weather!

No comments: