Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another Project

Since the beginning of this month, I've been hard at work planning our humane association's 3rd Annual Celebration Pet Day. This project is my baby so from here on out, my days and nights will be filled with phone calls, schedules, and meetings. The event is Saturday, September 29, 2007 from 10:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. We have a LOT of exciting additions to Celebration Pet Day this year which include Super Heroes, a dog show with cash and prizes, new pet information programs which include Ms. Pam Bennett, one of the foremost cat behaviorists in the country, dog agility demonstrations, games, vendors, food, and fun.

BUT this year, I have another project going on at the same time. This year, I'm the chairman of the Bedford County Fair Dog Show. This show is a LOT less work, but still a good project. The show is on Wednesday, July 25th, on the grounds of the Bedford County Agricultural Center at 7:00 p.m. It is a fun dog show with classes for all dogs and owners. I've secured an announcer and a judge. Now I just have to get people to help at the registration tables. I attended a meeting yesterday morning with some of the fair boardmembers, and I think I'm set to go. I also learned at that meeting that I'm the chairman of the fair dog show, until I choose that I no longer want the position. I've been given permission to promote our pet day there, so I think this is going to be a wonderful opportunity to network and meet some great, new people. Everyone wish me luck!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

GREAT luck!