Thursday, July 05, 2007

I'm Back, Recovery, and 4th of July Breakdown

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well folks, it seems that I'm finally getting back to normal. I'm still limping, and I still have some pain in my foot, but I'm able to get around now. The big, ugly bruise is finally starting to fade too. I spent most of my 4th of July vacation reclining with said foot propped up. I did manage to get the house cleaned and the laundry done on schedule. Today, I get to swim again....YAY!! About Tuesday, things started to look up. On Tuesday night, our good friend, Geoff, and his family invited us to go see the new Transformers movie. He and Casey were BIG into Transformers as kids and had been waiting for the release. Now, I have never even seen one episode of Transformers, so I had to get the whole storyline from Casey. I basically went in with no expectations. All three of us were totally BLOWN AWAY by this film!! We L-O-V-E-D it!! If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? This movie shoots out the gate at 90 mph from the get go. There was a lot of good humor and good corny parts (but not too corny) too. It was a great film to kick off the holiday with a boom! We are all going to the drive-in this Saturday night to see it again, and I can't wait!

Casey and I slept in yesterday, because of the late movie the night before. We had some hamburgers and hot dogs with my Mom, and then got ready to go to a big 4th cookout/party. Our friend Joe invited us over to his annual Joestravaganza. He didn't disappoint either. We swam, grilled, and had nearly two hours of beautiful fireworks. It was great to see so many good friends. I spent most of the evening laughing and eating great food. Casey and I left around 11:00 p.m., but the party was still in full swing. I think they were getting ready to light the fire pit and have smores. I hate that I missed that part. All in all, I had a fantastic 4th, and I hope you guys did too.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good thing you slept in, sounds like your day was full! Hope your foot is much better today.