Friday, July 27, 2007

Hometown Musings

Since it's official, I feel that I'm o.k. posting this. Our local newspaper, The Shelbyville-Times Gazette is currently undergoing a "facelift" of its online edition. With this new revamp, the newspaper has put the call out for local bloggers. Yes, they are dedicating a space on their new frontpage for the voices of local, blogging residents. Since it seems my friend, John, is heading up the project, I've answered the call. I received all of my login information yesterday, and I've ventured over to do my introduction post on the new site. As far as I know, the new version isn't ready yet for readership, but it's coming soon. I plan to make my space there much like it is here; giving a voice to the voiceless, the animals. It's a great way to make the residents of my own hometown aware of the homeless and abandoned animals right in our own city.

When I signed on this morning, I was pleased to see a good group of local bloggers. When John ran an article last summer in the paper about local bloggers, there were only the two of us that came forward. I'm glad to see that others have now come out as well. This should be fun!

Now, I'd like to welcome any and all that havefound my home here on the web from the link over from the paper. Please pull up a seat and stay a while. You're more than welcome here. I hope you find the information helpful. Feel free to vist anytime!

No comments: