Thursday, November 09, 2006

No Injuries

I've decided to tweak my workout routine. I usually try to swim between 3 and 5 miles a week. I'm not tired of it, and I love doing it. But lately, I feel that I need a little cross training. So, Casey and I have decided to play raquetball once a week. Casey loves raquetball and is very good at it. I love it, but I'm sometimes rather uncoordinated. So after work yesterday, we went to the courts. The last couple of times we've played in the past, I always left with injuries. One time it was a locked knee. The next time is was a busted/bloody nose. They just come naturally to me for some reason. My Mama didn't name me Grace for a reason! This has always made Casey a little apprehensive about allowing me to accompany him. He always complains that he has to remain healthy to take me to the ER. We started just hitting it back and forth to practice and then sped it up a little. I actually did pretty well. We played for nearly an hour, and I'm happy to report that I left with NO injuries!! It was such fun that I can't wait until our next game. I think I may have found just the thing to add to my weekly swimming routine!

No comments: