Thursday, November 16, 2006

Lack Luster

I really just hate it when I don't really have anything new to report. Life is just going as normal. Don't get me wrong normal is very good, just uninteresting for blog readers.

Casey and I are keeping up our routine of raquetball every week. We played a good game yesterday, even though I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. We were late getting over to the court. I'd forgotten my ID to get in. Since I'm there nearly everyday swimming, the girl at the desk let me go through the gate. When Casey went to get his ID, he realized that he'd forgotten his too. We borrow our raquets at the center, so without IDs were were sunk. On the way back out to the car, Casey remembered he had it in a pair of shorts in the back seat. We went back in, got through the gates, and finally got changed. When we got to our reserved court, the court lights were out. We went to the front desk to let them know. They said they'd turn them on. We played in the semi-dark for about 20 minutes. Casey finally went back up and let them know our lights still weren't on. Finally, the lights came up. Once we had lights, equipment, and other required elements, we finally got our game going. We didn't do too bad. We played for about an hour.

It's gotten really cold and dreary here. Usually I depise this kind of weather, but this time of year, it puts me in the mood for the holidays. I just can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from today. This year has just flown.

The weather has done a number on Bear. Just like a person, his arthritis flares up in cold, damp weather. He's been kind of droopy for the last couple of days. I sure hope he feels better soon. I really worry about him.

Casey and I have had a change in weekend plans. As much as I would like to go to the Star Wars symphony concert, I'm just really not in the mood to drive the six hours to stay only one night. So, we're just going to hang out at the house. Who knows what we'll get into.

No comments: