Friday, June 16, 2006

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

The strangest thing happened about two days ago. The neighbors that live behind us have this little dog. She looks like a little Sheltie mix, and she's Bear's size. They've had her ever since they moved in, which was about five years ago. We've always known her. She meets us in the back yard, when we let our dogs out. Whenever I would walk Bear in front of her house, she would finish walking the last block with us, and then cut through our back yard to go back home. She and Bear just love playing together outside. Anyway day before yesterday when Casey and I pulled into the driveway after work, she met us there. Not only did she meet us, but when I opened the door to get out, she jumped into the car with me. We finally got her out, and I didn't think anymore about it. Yesterday, it was the same scenario. She met us in the driveway and jumped into the car...but that wasn't all. When I opened the door to go inside, she just walked right in and made herself comfortable. She has very thick fur, so I knew she was hot. I let her stay inside and cool off until suppertime. Later I had gone to take a shower, and when I got done she was back inside!! Casey said she came in, when my friend Elaine stopped by. We let her stay inside until bedtime. She, Bear, and Fergie had the best time playing. This morning, she was at the backdoor waiting to come inside. She had a bite to eat and a drink of water. Again, she jumped into the car with us. For a minute, it looked like she was going to follow our car.

It's just the weirdest thing. She's known us for years. Why would she have such an interest in us so suddenly? Today as soon as the neighbors get in, I'm going to go down there and let them know that she's been hanging out at our house. I don't want anyone thinking that I'm trying to steal their dog or anything. When she comes into the house, she acts like she BELONGS there. The weirdest part is all of my dogs act the same way!! It's just like no big deal to them? I'm just left to think, "what do I do now?"

No comments: