Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Something Completely Different

I apologize for my absence yesterday. It has been REALLY crazy for me lately. I hope that I'll be back to normal soon. In the meantime, I thought that I'd share something completely different with everyone today. Last weekend, some of my friends in the 501st Legion went to a Sci-Fi convention (AdCon) in Knoxville. Although I didn't get to go myself, I'm really enjoying everyone's stories and pictures. One of the guests there was Ray Park. Ray Park is a respected martial artist, who is probably best known for his role as Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I got the opportunity to meet him last year at DragonCon in Atlanta. He is really a super guy; very nice. He loves to meet his fans and talk with them. During one of the sessions, he took a few fans and recreated the awesome lightsaber duel between Darth Maul, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Qui Gon Gin. One of the members of the 501st caught it on film and posted it to YouTube.com. Here are the results. I love martial arts, so I think they're awesome!!

No comments: