After months of waiting, the warm weather has finally arrived. The last couple of days have been absolutely heavenly. This is MY kind of weather. Even though it was nearly 90 today, I still love it. Yesterday, Casey and I just got out and took a short drive after work. Today, it felt great to go over to the pool at the Rec Center in the pretty, sunny weather. After a great swim, I just relaxed. I did watch a movie.
Tonight, there's not much going on. The puppies, especially Indiana, are all piled up on the sofa with me. Indiana is definitely my little cuddler of the bunch. He's looking at me right now and wagging his little nub of a tail. He's such a sweetie. I'm planning on getting some new pictures of the gang this weekend. I'll post them up, when I've got them downloaded.
Casey and I are going to get out of the house tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure what we'll get up to, but we always manage to have a good time. My family has started having Sunday night dinner together, so when we get back, we'll have a good meal to eat. I've got to run. Casey's got dinner out on the grill, and I've got to get a few things ready. Everyone have a great evening!
I can tell that summer is just around the corner. Today has been absolutely beautiful. I walked over to the Rec Center, on my lunch hour, and swam some laps. Then I went and grabbed a quick take out lunch. It was really easy to fall back into my summer, Saturday routine. Swimming on my break, breaks the monotony of the day. I can definitely tell, if I miss a day of exercise. I sleep horribly on the days that I don't work out. Beginning Monday, my workout routine will change a little. The hometown pool is closed for two weeks for maintenance, so I'll only be swimming on Friday and Saturday at my alternate pool. So far, my temporary workout shedule looks like this:
Tuesday: Circuit Training
Sometimes, I guess change can be a good thing.
Today is my and Casey's 11th anniversary. This past year has gone by SO fast. We spent all year celebrating our 10th anniversary. We were so busy doing that, that we let year 11 totally sneak up on us. I am SO lucky to have THE MOST WONDERFUL husband in the entire world! Every year just keeps getting better and better! I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!
Happy Anniversary baby! Here's to many more! I love you!
I have had THE worst case of spring fever this week EVER!! I have been completely unmotivated. I haven't wanted to do anything, except be somewhere else, outside. It's really tanked my productivity in every facet too. Nothing has been left unaffected. I think I need someone to light a fire under me or something. It was especially bad today, since it has been cold and gloomy since Sunday. Today was absolutely beautiful and sunny. The rest of the week is supposed to be rainy. So, I was absolutely bonkers at work today. I kept trying to think of a reason not to be there, how to leave early, etc. I just wanted to go home and go outside. I've really got to do a mantra or something tomorrow. I'm hoping the rain will at least get my mind on what's in front of me and the task at hand. I really hate days like this. I'm just SO excited that spring is here, and I want to go out and play!
...long time no post huh? I've been really busy at home and at work. It's not really that everything has been that interesting, but it has been busy enough to keep me away from the keyboard. I'll let you all in on the goings on through some short bullet points:
* Got new job responsibilities at work, and I actually don't mind, because I love this part of the job!
* Finally getting my energy and health back. I officially started subbing for the water aerobics instructor at the Shelbyville Rec Center. So far, I've taught two classes and attend both of the weekly classes, and I absolutely LOVE it! That's in addition to my regular lap swimming and running, and now it's getting nice enough out to start biking!
* I've been busy recruiting for a table at Shelbyville-Bedford County Humane Association's Annual Wine Tasting event. I've also got some stuff in the works for this year's Celebration Pet Day.
* Began volunteering for a national Rat Terrier rescue called Ratbone Rescue. My love for my Indiana brought me to do this. Right now, I'm working as an Applications Coordinator for them. Check out their site!
* Been busy sponsoring a contest on one of my new favorite forums Lovearat.us It's a forum for lovers of Rat Terriers. We have so much fun there, and the folks are just great!
* Attending Casey's culinary banquets. They held the pork banquet last Thursday, and it was delicious. His classes are getting more involved now. I'm really looking forward to the beef banquet.
So, I've had a full plate for the last few weeks. I'm hoping to be back on my regular posting schedule. Now, for that cup of coffee that I so desperately need!