Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!!

All day yesterday, I had the strangest pain in my back. It was all in one place and didn't feel like a pulled muscle or anything. It was the kind of hurt that I couldn't describe. No amount of ibuprophen or Tylenol would take the edge off of it either. It was a really bad hurt, but the kind that is just enough that you can't ignore and eventually bugs the crap out of you. All day long my back hurt. So long that I just couldn't concentrate on work at all yesterday. When I got up this morning, the hurting was some better. It had actually moved into my side. When I was getting ready, I realized that I had a bump on my back. Upon further inspection, I realized it was a series of very sore bumps. I KNEW exactly what that meant, SHINGLES!! I had shingles once before, when I was 24 years old. So, I know those symptoms pretty well. I guess that it figures, because the Bell's Palsy that I'm still getting rid of is caused by the same virus. My guess is all that cortisone that I took to clear the bronchitis tanked my immune system and the virus took advantage of it. So, I have an appointment to see the doc tomorrow afternoon. It was just SO depressing to find this morning! I'm READY to be completely well now!!!!

No comments: