Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Hello Snow!

Well, they said it was going to happen. I figured the same thing would happen that always does: we would see the snow but wouldn't get much on the ground to look at! Boy, was I wrong!! Bedford County seemed to be a snow "hot" spot this time. We got anywhere from 4 - 10 inches! Around 10:30 Saturday night, I thought we were having an ice storm. There was about an inch of ice on the ground. By 12:30 a.m., everything was covered. I got up around 4 a.m. for a bathroom trip and noticed that it was snowing so hard, that I couldn't see across the street. We woke up to a snow fairyland on Sunday morning. I'm so glad that Casey and I didn't have to worry about going anywhere. It was a good, wet, packing snow. I saw MANY snowmen over the weekend. This was the biggest snow that some of the local kids have ever seen! On Sunday afternoon, I bundled myself and puppies up and went out for a winter romp. Here's a slideshow of our outing:

.
Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

By mid afternoon, the streets were clear that had been in the sun. Casey, Mom, and I drove over to Tullahoma to have dinner. The drive through the country was absolutely beautiful. I just wish that it hadn't gotten dark so quick. There's still quite a bit of snow hanging around in the yard today. Even though I did enjoy the snow, I'm officially ready for spring now!

1 comment:

Bijou said...

Hi All,

I'm glad you enjoyed your big snowfall. Fortunately we only got a couple of inches. Unfortunately it's still here as it hasn't warmed up enough yet to melt it off. I want to go outdoors and play but it is just too cold!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou