Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sunny Days Off

Finally, I got that sun I was looking for! Both Sunday and yesterday were absolutely beautiful!! Unfortunately, all I did Sunday was lay around. I pulled something in my neck and shoulder, so I was taking it easy, along with taking a muscle relaxer. Luckily yesterday, I was back to my normal self. Mom had her checkup scheduled with her doc in Nashville, so off we went. She got a good report. Afterwards, she treated me to lunch at Applebees. It was yummy! We stopped at a couple of places to shop around afterwards. All in all, it was a really nice trip on a great day.

When I got home, I cleaned the house and did the laundry. Luckily, I got finished just in time to take the puppies to the little neighborhood park that is close by. Since they haven't really learned to walk together yet, I took them separately. The road into and out of the park is one way road in a loop. It takes 2 loops to make a mile. I decided to take them to the park, because I knew there would be no speeding traffic and, there would be no loose dogs. I took Shingo first, and he walked like a little champ. He seemed to have such a good time. He's still a little skittish around loud noises. I guess that's the chihuahua in him coming out. We ended up walking a total of 3 miles, with a little running here and there. When we finished, I took him the short walk home and got Molly. I've never been on a long walk with Molly, so I wasn't sure what to expect. She has her own ideas about walking on lead. I was suprised to find that she did REALLY well. After the first lap, she calmed down and walked like she'd done this everyday. Molly likes to run, so we ended up running about a mile total and then walked the other 2 miles. She looked like she was having a great time. In fact, she kept acting like she wanted to get on the basketball court and have a go with the guys! I found out that she's not really skittish about anything at the park, just the trip there. It was a good day of exercise for me and the puppies. We ALL had a great time. When we got back home, I gave everyone a pig ear treat. Needless to say, everyone was satisfied and sleeping by 9:00 p.m. Casey and I are planning to take them both back this afternoon together for a few laps. Hopefully, I can get them trained to walk on a coupler soon.

Everyone have a great day and enjoy this beautiful, spring weather!

No comments: