Thursday, March 27, 2008

Swimming for A Cause

As most of you know, I swim several times a week. Yesterday I was VERY excited, when I got an e-mail from Speedo announcing the World Swim Against Malaria campaign. The World Swim Against Malaria campaign donations raised buy mosquito nets to help prevent malaria. As little as $5.00 buys one net. I figured since I usually swim at least 3 miles a week, that I might as well use that time for good. So if any of you guys are interested, sign up to be a participant or sponsor my swim. Saturday, April 5, 2008 is world swim day. The goal is to have 1 million swimmers swim on or around that day. The good thing is I can swim anytime and add to my mileage! Here's a little specific info from the campaign:

World Swim Against Malaria

I will be taking part in World Swim Against Malaria alongside a million other swimmers from all over the world. We are raising money to buy mosquito nets to help protect people from malaria, which currently kills over 1.5 million each year. 70% of the deaths are children under 5. $5 buys a mosquito net that can save a life. 100% of the money we all raise buys nets. If you would like to learn more about this global grassroots initiative, please visit www.WorldSwimAgainstMalaria.com. We’d love you to join us.

World Swim

1 comment:

L^2 said...

This is very cool! Good luck to you. I know I can't swim on April 5th, but I still might look into doing this sometime, since I usually swim a couple of times a week.