Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wonderful Weekend!

Casey and I had a FANTASTIC, busy weekend! Sunday was busy with the Christmas baking. Casey made sausage balls, cheddar cheese crispies, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate chip cookies all from scratch for our gift baskets. We decided to wait and save the sugar cookies for my students at work. We'll be making those tonight. While Casey was busy baking, I cleaned the rest of the house up.

Around lunch time, we prepared for the little experiment that I hinted at on Saturday. Shingo is now nine months old. He's right at that age, where he's all play all the time. He requires less sleep now. Last week, he kept waking us up at 3 a.m. wanting to play. Needless to say, Casey and I were really tired all last week. On Friday, after a particularly bad night previously, Casey suggested that we might try a playmate for Shingo. It just so happened that we had another dachshund mix at the humane shelter that is 1 year old. She's already spayed and housebroken. She lookes so much like Shingo, and they are nearly the same exact size. I called my humane lady on Saturday and asked if we could come and get her for a play date on Sunday. She said of course, so we were all set. Her name at the shelter is Molly. At first she was a little shy, but after about an hour she started to relax. A little while after that, she and Shingo started to play. They haven't stopped playing yet. It's so funny to watch them play. They look like they are having the best time! Shingo usually can take down my big dog, Fergie, so it's really funny that Molly rules him. I think that we've found the perfect match. She and Shingo are best buddies now and even sleep together. As you all can probably guess, we never took Molly back to the shelter. She's ours now, and we're SO happy to have her. All of the dogs just love her, and we do too! We might change her name. We are thinking of naming her Buttercup (as in Princess Buttercup from the Princess Bride), but she really knows her name, so we don't know how successful we'll be. But for now, here's Molly:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's all I have of her right now, because we lost the battery to our digital camera. I've got several on my cell phone, and I'm trying to get them transferred.

No comments: