Wednesday, April 11, 2007

At the Vet's

Today Slate is at the vet's office for his one month follow up. Dr. K wanted to run a blood test, after he completed a month of his new heart medication. Sometimes, this med can cause renal problems, and he just wanted to make sure that everything was o.k. So early this morning, we got all loaded up and off we went. I dropped him off on my way to work. He was so excited about the car ride. I'll pick him up on my way home. On the way home tonight, we are going to swing by Dairy Queen and get him a little ice cream cup for a treat. I don't want him thinking every time he goes for a ride that something bad is going to happen to him. This was an easy visit for him, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the results are good. Slate's been doing really well, and I hope it continues. Still a little stressed, but I'm trying to occupy myself. I'll have the full update tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kat Coble said...

On the way home tonight, we are going to swing by Dairy Queen and get him a little ice cream cup for a treat. I don't want him thinking every time he goes for a ride that something bad is going to happen to him.

I hope the results are good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The above paragraph cracked me up, though, because I started that whole DQ cup thing with my guys back when they were pups.

Now they think that EVERY car ride is going to end in a DQ visit. A while back when we were out for a drive and had the gall to NOT turn into the DQ, our Berner Casey barked us out for another half mile.

I swear he was yelling "You forgot to turn into the Dairy Queen!!!!" in dog-ese.