Friday, October 20, 2006

Surreal Dreams

Have you ever had one of those dreams, where you just knew that you were going to have a good day? I had one of those last night. I have ALWAYS been a very vivid dreamer. It's rare that I ever have a night that I don't recall having at least one dream. Here's a little information about my dreaming habits:

1. I DO dream in color.

2. Most of my dreams include at least one person, friend, or family member that has passed away.

3. For some reason, this has NEVER upset me in any way.

4. I consider it like a visit with these people.

5. I dream a lot in a skewed perception. By this I mean I may dream that I'm at a school, but it may look very much like a restaurant or something of that nature.

6. I have an old superstition that says if you tell your dream before breakfast, it will come true. If I tell anyone a dream, depending on the outcome of said dream, I choose very consciously whether to tell it before or after breakfast.

7. Casey and I spend a lot of time on the ride to work discussing our previous night's dreams.

8. I VERY rarely have nightmares.

9. I have often tried to prolong a good dream.

10. There are many, many times that in my sleep that I realize I'm dreaming.

With that said, I will tell you about last night's dream. It was a rare case, where the dream played out logically. I dreamed that I had the rare opportunity to meet the main stars of Star Wars (this probably comes from running around in costume with my friends so much). All of them were there, with the exception of Mark Hamill. I got to meet Carrie Fisher (who was extremely nice) and get her autograph. The big thrill was meeting Harrision Ford! You see Harrision Ford has been a long time hero of mine. During my childhood whether he was playing Han Solo or Indiana Jones, it was all the same to me. He was ten feet tall and could conqour the world! So in this dream, I was quite excited. I don't remember all of the exact details, but he was also extrememly nice and spoke with me for quite a while. He also autographed some of my stuff. The only drawback in the dream? I remember thinking, "I'm meeting Harrison Ford, and no one has a camera!!" I had met both of these stars and didn't even think to bring a camera to get pictures!! It was just one of those warm fuzzy dreams. You know the kind where you just wake up happy. Usually when I have this kind of dream, I have a good day. Today has been pretty normal so far. I'm just waiting to see what will happen.

2 comments:

Linda / Chri said...

Mmmmm, Harrison is still a very attractive man! He and Sean Connery age well.

Anonymous said...

I also believe that if you tell a dream before breakfast it comes true. A previous cat, Frank Vincent Zappa, Jr., the Second, didn't come in one night. It was summer, so I wasn't really worried, but it bothered me. That night I dreamed that I looked out the living room window and he was sitting in the tree across the driveway, much like the Cheshire cat. When I woke up, I walked out in the living room, told me sister the dream, and went on about my day. As I was getting ready for class about a couple hours later, I looked out the window in the living room, and there sat Frank, in the tree across the driveway, like the Cheshire cat. Now, I don't know why I didn't look out the living room window as soon as I got up, but I didn't. I went out and tried to call him down, but he just looked at me. I went to class, cause I had a test. When I came home, he was on the porch, wanting food.