Thursday, October 26, 2006

Hacked Off!!

Last week, close to home, a woman was arrested for running a puppy mill. Humane workers and law enforcement confiscated over 250 dogs and cats from her home. These people absolutely infuriate me. This is exactly why we need to enact laws for all facilities that board or breed dogs to be inspected. We definitely need harsher animal cruelty laws...but I digress. Anyway, this woman pled guilty to four counts of animal cruelty. She has also been restricted from the number of pets that she can have in the future as well. She will spend no time in jail. The good thing is since the court case has been settled, loving families can begin to adopt the animals. Now here is where my blood starts to boil. According to a local news story -- "Part of the money from the adoption fees will go to Muser's daughter to help provide for Muser. She was using the breeding operation as her main source of income." WHAT!!!! EXCUSE ME!!! Part of the adoption fee that loving pet owners would pay to adopt these animals would be given back to the woman!!!!!!! How in the world is that punishing this person? Isn't this punishing the wrong people? If I was one of these adopters, I would just flat out refuse to pay this extra fee. I wouldn't mind it at all, if I knew it was going for the animal care and medicines. This kind of deal just sends the wrong message. This woman should not profit from her cruelty to animals. It just makes my blood boil. I don't know. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. Maybe it's just the weather today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My blood is boiling too! That just is NOT RIGHT!