Friday, October 06, 2006

Relax....

Casey and I were on the go yesterday, as soon as we got off from work. A million things to do to get ready for Celebration Pet Day. It's the one week countdown. I do feel more comfortable this year, than I did this time last year. We managed to get new flyers out to 16 out of 33 businesses. We're going to finish up the list tonight. We started distributing flyers WAY early, but people keep taking them for information. There are some places that we've replinshed four or five times!! I'm just going to take that as a good sign.

. I know that I've said before that I "live, breath, eat, and sleep" this event until the day after it's over. This year, the nightmares have at least started at a later date. I've had two really bad ones over this event so far. The first was that it stormed all day for the event. I'm not talking about little storms either. I'm talking tornadic activity. It was a disaster. Last night's was about our Star Wars Meet and Greet. I had all the guys from the 501st Legion, Southern Outpost there and ready for the event. The time came and went and only five or so kids came. It was such a disappointment. I hope that these are just manifestations of my stressed out brain, and not a sign that I'm clairvoyant or anything. Our event is going to be SO good this year. We've got lots of vendors and other animals rescues coming, our Star Wars Meet and Greet, our pet show, agility, animal info programs, and some mighty good food (all homecooked by my very own sweetie, Casey). I just hope that folks in town will come out and give it a chance.

No comments: