Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Water's Fine!

After a 3 week hiatus, I finally got back in the pool over the weekend. I was worried that I had lost a lot of ground, while I was sick. I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't all that bad. I managed to swim a 1750 meter workout on Sunday afternoon. On Tuesday afternoon, I made it through a 2000 meter workout. I even managed to get ripple drills and dolphin kick drills done on both days! I'm starting back to practice on Thursday afternoon next week. I'll be learning the butterfly stroke, working on my starts from the blocks, and breastroke. I'm not sure when my next meet will be. I was awfully disappointed that I couldn't go to the Kentucky meet, but I was just too sick. I just want to be prepared.

After my first swim on Sunday, my mood picked up considerably. I went around like some happy, laughing, idiot from that point on. I was so happy, even Casey commented on it. He's decided that chlorine is a happy drug for me. I'll be back in the pool tomorrow afternoon. I hope that swim is as much fun as the others have been for me this week.

No comments: