Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another Sad Day

I'm just popping in for a quick minute today. My wonderful, sweet Schipperke, Bear, passed away suddenly and quite unexpectedly yesterday morning. He didn't feel well on Sunday. We just thought his arthritis was bothering him. By 3:00 a.m. yesterday morning, we knew something was seriously wrong. We flew out the door for Dr. K's office, where he was waiting for us. We were all with him, when he crossed the bridge. Dr. K feels that it probably was a blood clot brought on either by an auto immune response or a disease called DIC. He assured us, that there was nothing that we could have done.

Bear was such a bright light in my house. I know that it will be dim for a while, and never quite as bright before. Bear was a friend to everyone who met him, whether it was another pet or person. He became the official greeter of my neighborhood. We made rounds to visit all of the neighbors. He hadn't been getting out quite as much, because of his arthritis, but he still liked to visit.

Casey and I are still in quite a bit of shock. I may not be around for a couple of days, and I hope that you all understand. I'm still processing. This was an exceptionally hard blow, so soon after losing Slate the first of September. Please send good thoughts and prayers this way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Goodbye Bear. You were a loyal, uplifting friend. You will be terribly missed.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have the words....I am so very very sorry. I never even saw Bear, but I felt like I almost knew him from all the pictures. I have tears in my eyes now.

My prayers are with you can Casey. Take care of each other!

Kat Coble said...

Oh, Cheryl! I am SOOO sorry.

This is just heartwrenching. I always love coming here and seeing Bear's adorable face.

Our thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am totally speachless. Hugs and happy thoughts to you and your family. I need to go give my pack some luvins.

Jennifer said...

Oh no! That's awful!!! Oh, I'm SO sorry :( (((HUgS)))

L^2 said...

OMG! Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear about Bear. My thoughts are with you. *hugs*

theogeo said...

Gosh, Cheryl, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and Casey and the rest of the zoo.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Cheryl...I just don't know what to say. So much loss in such a short period of time. My heart goes out to you and Casey.

Slate and Bear are now playing together at the bridge...waiting for the one day they can be reunited with Casey and you.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time my friend.