Friday, September 22, 2006

On My Reading List

I just got my daily e-mail update from the ASPCA. I found a new book that I just have to add to my reading list. It's called Shelter Dogs by Traer Scott.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's the information as listed by the ASPCA.

While volunteering at shelters, photographer Traer Scott was asked to take photos of the dogs she was working with for records and Internet adoption sites. As her files grew, Scott realized that many of the dogs whose photos she had in her archives never made it out of the shelter alive. “I found that no matter what, I couldn’t bring myself to delete their photos, which were in some cases the only record of their existence,” she says. A few months later, Scott began to create the beautiful, honest portraits that make up Shelter Dogs.

The 96-page book features 50 dogs, their souls and spirits revealed through Scott’s images. The author included notes explaining how each dog came to the shelter and what eventually happened to him or her. As important as it is beautiful, Shelter Dogs is a must for anyone who cares about animals—and anyone who’s ever been to a shelter. Quite simply, we love this book.

No comments: