Friday, January 14, 2011

Snowy Friday

Well, it seems like we still have a ton of snow on the ground! I've been wearing all my shoes with traction all week. I sure do miss my Birks, but I just can't walk on the ice with them. Don't wanna break a leg, before the next swim meet! I feel kind of out of it today. I really am glad that it's Friday! This whole week has been surreal. It started with the fantastic birthday, snow, being out of work, classes starting, etc. It's gone from zero to full tilt in an instant! Work is slow today, thank goodness, so I have my headphones on listening to the Austin Grand Prix Swim Meet. Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte are going head to head in this meet, so it will be an exciting one!


This week has also been full of frustration. Casey and I finally got our new t.v., after our old one died before Christmas. We finally bit the bullet and got a flat screen HD t.v. Everything has been perfect, but all this week, our cable box has been obstinate! It won't respond to the remote at all. We ordered and reprogrammed a new remote. No luck. So, we have a tech coming out tomorrow morning. For now, we've been changing the channel the old fashioned way: getting up and walking across the room to punch the buttons on the box itself. What did we DO, before remote controls? Truly the stone age!!


Several of my friends are taking me out for a late birthday lunch today. They are taking me to Jeff's homestyle restaurant. By far, one of the best meat and 3's around! I'm already dreaming of the fried chicken!! DROOL!! Swimming laps will be interesting after that meal!

1 comment:

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Stopping in to make sure that you all made it home safely from my birthday party. Thank you so much for coming it was so nice to spend the day with you. I hope you had a good time. I am especially happy that you liked the nail polish! We have the snow here too and think it will be here for awhile.