Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Team Practice

For the past two weeks, I've been going to the full Master's Swim Team practice. It feels so different to be doing the same workout as a lot of other folks. We have a GREAT coach, who manages to individualize our workouts, even though we are there as a group! I was really nervous the first week. Coach Chris was very nice and patient. There was still a lot of swim workout lingo that I didn't know. I REALLY enjoyed the practice and felt great afterwards. So last week, I went back. He'd decided that I need to build my endurance quickly, so he gave me pyramid workouts! I'm wise to his plan now. He's nice the first week, torture the rest, but that's o.k. Even though I'm hurting, I know that it will make me a MUCH better swimmer and competitor. I feel like I'm going to be so much more prepared for Nationals this way too! We'll see what this week holds.

1 comment:

Life With Dogs said...

That's a smart way to train, no? You get roped in. :)